Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings - Savannah, GA
Achieve Optimal Oral Health Today!
When it comes to preventive dentistry, routine dental cleanings are the bread and butter of any optimal oral care routine. At Compass Dental, your oral health is our top priority. That’s why we recommend routine visits once every six months for an exam and comprehensive cleaning. After you arrive, either Dr. Fana or one of our friendly hygienists will perform a cleaning, making sure to remove all plaque and tartar from the deep pockets of your mouth and above the gum line. Keep in mind that no at-home oral care routine, no matter how strict, can replicate what we do at our dental office. The tools and technology Compass Dental utilizes will remove any and all harmful substances from your teeth and gums. After the cleaning, we’ll perform a quick polishing to remove any stains and leftover plaque.
Why Choose Compass Dental for
Checkups & Cleanings?
- Multiple sedation options available
- Modern dental office with friendly staff
- Dentist with over two decades of experience
What to Expect After Your Dental Cleaning
Once Dr. Fana completes your cleaning and polishing, he’ll perform a thorough dental exam. This will allow him to confirm that no underlying problems with your teeth or gums are present. During the exam, Dr. Fana will perform the following tasks:
- Digital X-Rays – Digital x-rays will be taken based on your needs. For example, if we want to confirm if decay, tumors, cysts or bone loss is present, x-rays are the most effective way to do so. We can also confirm newly erupting teeth in children via x-rays.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Dr. Fana closely examines your many oral structures, including your lips, face, neck, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for the signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Health Screening – The gums and bone near your teeth will be checked for signs of gum disease, which may include recession, deepened pocket depths, inflammation, swelling or tenderness.
- Look for Tooth Decay – By testing the surface of your tooth enamel, Dr. Fana can confirm the presence of decay or cavities and whether they are beginning to form.
- Evaluate Current Restorations – If you have crowns, fillings, bridges, veneers, or other restorations either from his dental office or from a previous dentist, Dr. Fana will make sure that they are in sufficient condition.
Even if you are given a clean bill of health, you’ll still need to continue your at-home brushing and flossing regimen. This, as well as regular visits to Dr. Fana’s dental office, is crucial to long-term oral health.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I Have Pain When I Open or Close My Mouth I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services