Gum Recontouring – Savannah, GA
Make Your Smile Fuller and More Even
While many people focus on teeth when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, they aren’t the only part of the mouth worth considering. For example, when the gums are oversized, it can make teeth appear shorter or smaller than they actually are. Even worse, it can make it more difficult to have restorations placed, whether it’s a set of veneers or a dental crown. At Compass Dental, Dr. Fana has the expertise necessary to carefully modify gum tissue so that it appears more even and makes your smile look fuller. Call his office today to have your gum recontouring completed!
Why Choose Compass Dental for Gum Recontouring
- Soft Tissue Laser Improves Comfort and Precision
- Caring and Experienced Dentist and Team
- Ideal for Restorative and Cosmetic Purposes
What Is Gum Recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a restorative/cosmetic procedure specifically designed to reduce the amount of gum tissue in the mouth. It’s also done to make the gum line appear more even, which can occur as a result of genetics. The treatment itself is often used for cosmetic purposes, but often times it’s necessary when there is not enough room for a restoration to be placed.
When performed by a professional, gum recontouring is completely safe. When used with a soft tissue laser, as it is done at Compass Dental, you can expect your treatment to be even more comfortable, even though it is not required.
How Does Treatment Work?
To start, our team will examine your gum tissue in great detail and confirm that you are a good candidate for gum recontouring. Afterwards, we’ll use a soft tissue laser to start modifying your gums to meet your specific needs, whether they be restorative or cosmetic. While many dental offices use a scalpel and sutures to complete the treatment, Dr. Fana’s use of a dental laser ensures better comfort, precision, and accuracy.
After carefully moving the laser along your gum line, the tissue will begin to cauterize almost immediately. This reduces bleeding following your treatment and speeds up the healing process. It’s unlikely that you’ll feel any discomfort and in most cases patients do not even need local anesthesia to complete the procedure!
The Benefits of Gum Recontouring
Once treatment is complete, you’ll have a fuller and more even gum line overall, giving you the confidence to show off your smile! If you’re considering gum recontouring, here are a few of the benefits you can expect:
- Gum recontouring works to reduce the risk of developing pockets in your gum tissue. This means your gums will be less likely to become infected as a result of unremoved plaque and food debris that often gets stuck inside of these deep pockets.
- You can expect a more aesthetically pleasing smile with gum recontouring. No longer will you have to hide a smile that appears “gummy” or “stubby.”
- Restorative dentistry becomes far easier, whether it’s for a dental crown, a set of porcelain veneers, or a dental filling.